View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Re: JDM Power switch pic or explaination plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
Interesting. So wherever you leave the knob, the steering wheel volume buttons can only set lower levels, right? (I seriously doubt there's a little motor inside that can turn the knob up )

Pacific Accessory Corporation makes adapters that translate from OEM SWCs to signals that aftermarket HUs can read. The PAC modules either have an I/R "mouse" that blasts to the HU, or wires that connect directly to a jack on the rear of some HU models.

If the JDM SVX wheel is similar enough to recent Subarus, then it should work with the PAC modules. But the SVX is so old that it isn't a certainty. Once you get the resistance values, you might want to ask PAC's tech support whether it will work.
through my learning about the SVX... I have always wondered if the steering wheel was in any way somewhat standard with newer Subarus... A new Legacy Spec B, Tribeca, or other new steering wheel, with or without SWC, could be installed on the SVX, or if there would be mechanical incompatibility, or airbag problems.

I love 3-spoke steering wheels so much more than 4-spoke wheels, in looks and ergonomics.