View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 08:11 AM

She's doing well

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
The Club Secretary lives in Oak Ridge.....

So how's the car doing?

It sure was a quick car with those 4.44's in it....
The car is doing superb! It's doing even better with an underdriven Motorsport Warehouse pulley, ECU tune v.4 chip and a new high flow cat, sensors and exhaust work.

I only recently figured out that I had 4.44's (from someone posting their RPM at different speeds). What's amazing is that I still get a combined (80% HWY/20% CTY) 24 - 25 MPG.

A friend with whom I work drives a slightly modded WRX (Vishnu stage zero ECU, catless up-pipe & downpipe) and we regularly drive home at the same time. The eastbound highway onramp in Rockwood, TN (to get us home to Knoxville) is a constant radius 'S' curve leading onto a 1 mile, 3-4% uphill grade onto I-40. We can both pull 65 - 70 MPH through the S-bend (posted 30 MPH) and my combination of 4.44's and 5-speed actually help me pull 10 - 20 car lengths at the top of that incline. We figure that he's pulling around 270HP with his setup, so the 13 year old SVX can still run with the young kid on the block. I'd love to put some instrumentation on her to get a real 0-60 and 1/4mile time someday, but the car feels (and drives) a lot faster than 230 stock HP have a right to.