View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Rotorflyr

Danny,
IIRC, you stated your car had been imported from another country when you bought right?
What are the gas ratings in the country it came from? (I mean is the country it came from super gas, leaded or unleaded?)

Also if our 87 is your 92, then our 92/3 (depending on the station)
would you 95. Stations here call the 92/3 Super, so it might be better for you to use it then the 98 leaded.
Flyer, some countries in the Middle East have restrictions concerning fuel used... some use the 92 Octane; others 95 Octane and Other 98... I mean my country's measurements... I knew 5 years ago of a 96 Toyota Supra having 3000 miles on it sold for $4000 because the fuel was not compatible to its engine.
the guy sold me the SVX told me that the car was brought from Saudi Arabia. it has originally the same cats configuration as your SVX's (5 cats) but the fuel cap from the inside, it has a sticker saying Super Gasoline Only.... if you can help me know from where my car was brought I will be most helpful... my Vin is : JF1CXWTE0RG005080 and the engine is :5LAAB2211211.
HELP PLEASE !!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.