View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
96svxer

New Trannie Binding Questions (Help!)

All right. I know this is a fairly common problem. When I make tight turns with my 92 svx the rear binds. I have researched this topic for weeks and have trouble shot, and this is what I have tried:

I bypassed both the campaign filter and radiator with a tube to verify if there was a clog. Car kept binding with everything bypassed.

I put the car into FWD mode. Car stops binding

I have four matching tires/sizes/wear

I get no "check engine" lights, I even ran the TCU test just in case I missed something but the power light just flashes every 1/4 second. If the solenoid goes bad electrically it should throw a code right? If the solenoid goes bad mechanically, using the FWD fuse should not have worked right because the solenoid should be "stuck"? So it cant be the solenoid???? What else could it be? Sticking tranfer plates????

I'M LOST!!!!!!!!

Now if the cars stops binding with the FWD fuse in place, that means the duty solenoid "C" is working? Isn't that the main purpose of the fuse? The fuse forces the solenoid to open thus allowing fluid to flow past, build up pressure, forcing the transfer plates together thus transfering power to the rear wheels? Is this correct?

This is my first car with AWD/automatic so both are foreign to me. Otherwise I'm pretty good with cars.