View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by michael
I recently purchased a new switch and my dog broke one of the buttons off it had one touch up. I then bought another off ebay and it doesn't have it can I switch the lower halves to get it back?
The auto up 'disable' was simply a matter of cutting through one of the runners on the circuit board. If you take apart both the auto up and non auto up, you will see where the circuit is cut. a simple 1/4" long wire and some solder and the auto up is re-enabled.

But to answer your question, yes you can take the good button assembly and mate it to the older circuit board.

Please do not do this if you have children. I do not want to hear of any injuries due to the auto up. I have the auto up on both my SVXs but I do not have children and no children ever go near my SVX.

If I ever (no chance in hell) sell any of them, I will provide the buyer with instructions on how to disable the auto up.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker