Old 05-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??

Hi James,

My wife and I had a wonderful time in Ireland last August (from what Joe tells me it hasn't stopped raining since we left!) and I have a lasting impression of Chef suce. First morning in Ireland at the B&B table (thanks to Joe for setting us up!!!). Wonderful breakfast (still miss soda bread ) in front of me and the table features a bottle of Chef sauce. I'm game for a new experience, so I ask the propreitor what Chef sauce is. I get the most look from him and a response of "It's Chef sauce" as if that isn't totally clear.

Had to share that.

Cheers,
Todd
Hey Todd

Glad you and Wendy have good memories of it. So do we.

James is bemoaning about a change in flavour for Chef Tomato sauce, which you would call ketchup. I don't use it, so I can't comment on a change, although a good friend of mine puts it on everything, even tomatoes. Same guy own a car bodyshop, and firmly believes all cars should be red, no other colour need apply, so it may be a colour fetish with him.

If the Chef Sauce you remember was brown in colour, that is a different kettle of fish. I like the story of the landlord, it would seem you were challenging his descriptive capabilities.

For those who wonder what we are talking about, Chef Sauce of the brown variety is a unique and thick Irish variant of Worcestershire sauce. Well, at least in my opinion, it has a very similar flavour. There is another thick brown sauce here called YR Sauce, and this is a thickened version of Yorkshire Relish. YR is on the wane, but Chef Sauce seems to have held its market.

My titbit for today.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl