View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
MAF's can be swapped in about 5 minutes with a screwdriver and a 10mm wrench. It doesn't require any calibration or setting.

As for new/used? I guess it depends on what you can afford? A used one comes with uncertainty but new ones cost over $200. If you're getting a new one maybe look into upgrading to the Z32 MAF and Lan's Stage 2???

There are a couple of board members in Western MD and NJ that do great, affordable work on SVX's, not sure how far you're willing to go.
Thanks, I think I'll go with the used for now from a member here and then look into the Z32 MAF and the Stage 2. Do you have a link as to where to get those. EDIT, NM, just saw ecutune.com.

Also thanks for the other replies.

I was in the Navy for 10 years and my SVX has been everywhere from Oklahoma to Hawaii to San Diego to here in Arlington/DC area. In my experience, it's been tough to find a good Subaru mechanic that knows the SVX. I had 2 sets of wheel bearings put on the right rear where they didn't repack the bearings with the proper grease for instance. The garage I go to here is Schmitz Exxon in Vienna, VA. The one dealer near me is freaking ridiculous: their quote on just a tune up with the water pump replacement was $1700.

I usually try to do as much as I can myself but I don't have access to a garage. Just a parking space near my townhouse.

Last edited by NACZ3; 09-26-2006 at 12:22 PM.