View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 08:38 AM

Question on using used vs Reman/New Mass Airflow Sensor and Good Shop in/near DC

Hi,

I have Check Engine Light error code 23 that says there is abnormal voltage from the Mass Airflow Sensor and I'm getting the same stalling issues as in this old post below:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...airflow+sensor

I was originally looking for getting a used part to put in but my mechanic is saying he would put a used part in but for a Mass Airflow Sensor, he advises against using a used part and recommends a new part or remanufactured part instead. I'm buying the part either way so he has nothing to gain form recommending a new/reman vs used.

Anyone recommend either way on this? Also, is the Mass Airflow Sensor something I could just replace or does it have to be calibrated somehow?

Also, anyone know of any good mechanics near the Arlington/Washington DC metro area. I'm at the 130K mark and need to do a tuneup, water pump, and some seals. My current mechanic is good but is saying that I'd be better off getting a new car. I've had my 92 SVX since 1995 and really would like to keep her going but cannot afford the grand or 2 that I am gettting in estimates.

Thanks,
Nick