View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Driving in Style

Where is everyone?

FIrst time back here on the forum since 2011. Things look to have changed a bit around here. Back in the day I had a '94 FWD SVX. I loved the thing, but the transmission went out and I kept having cooling issues, new radiator and hoses blowing out all the time. I sold it, but I've regretted it ever since. Anyway I just bough a '92 AWD SVX with a 5-speed swap (Forester 4.11). I’m getting shipping arranged and I cannot wait to drive an SVX again, especially with the 5-speed. It has some monster aluminum radiator in it, hopefully it keeps it cool.

Anyway, last time I was around here, a supercharger was the best thing you could do for these engines and it wasn't really that spectacular. Since 2011 I sure have seen a lot of videos of EG33's with big turbo setups in just about evertything but an SVX, so what is everyone doing with these engines these days? Is there a readily available guide of sorts for a small turbo or supercharger system, etc? Are we still doing to ECUtune thing or are folks going full replacement ECUs? If so, what is most common and works the easiest? My budget is much healthier than it was in 2011, I want to do this one up the right way. Any guidance would be appreciated!

1992 SVX Purple and Black 5 speed swap

SOLD
*1993 SVX Silver and Black
*1994 SVX L Barcelona Red FWD

Last edited by svxcess; 11-02-2018 at 01:01 PM.