Thread: Project 1:10
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Project 1:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hites View Post
How light can you get an SVX? How much money can you get from parting a decent one out? I ask all this, because I may have found a good running SVX for under $2k (I know about the transmission, brakes, and wheel bearings). Now the plan for this car is to strip it, and don't mean that lightly. All that would be gone would be the entire interior (sans drivers seat, steering wheel and shifter), doors, hood, trunk/hatch, front fenders, bumper covers, bumpers, exhaust, ps pump, engine cover, windows, windshield, and all lenses. I know that there's a regularly stripped SVX around that's down to 2750lbs, but that's just way too heavy for me. So... what do you think I could get the weight down to, and how much do you think I could get out of the parts listed? A 1:10 power:weight ratio would be mighty fine.
If you want more power, check into the Hydra EM system but like others stated, the SVX is not by any means a power house. Its not cheap to modify.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 02-25-2009 at 09:36 PM.