View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 05:01 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Re: EJ swap into an SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by s'ko View Post
Ok. Has this been done?

I got an SVX w/a dead engine. I was trying to figure out whether I should get another EG33 and put it in there or get an EJ20 WRX turbo motor.

I realize that the EJ will require harness merging and electrical work to make run, but that’s no biggie since I have swapped an EJ into a BRAT and a RX.

Will the motor mounting slots in the SVX crossmember allow for the EJ to just slide in there or will this have to be modified?

The goal would also be to do a 5 spd swap at the same time.

Just imagine the space I would have in the engine bay to put a massive FMIC or whatever I wanted.
Imagine…. a gignormous NOs bottle or sequential triple turbos or a reservoir for an air-water intercooler.

Anyways what issues in terms of mechanical fitment are we looking at do make this work?

BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondasucks View Post
I wonder how an SVX would do with an EZ30? About the same HP, but a smaller, lighter package... Just a thought, turbo motor would be cooler...
I would not want to see a EJ in a SVX. I would guess it would be really hard on the engine due to the body weight. I would however rather see a EZ in one. EZ30D was I think 220-235HP and the EZ30R is 245HP with variable valve timing. Ones simpler to wire up and the other is more powerfull. I"m doing a EZ30R in my Impreza but would only ever keep the EG33 in the SVX. Food for thought.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis