View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Car hit 16,000 miles today...

Thanks, all. Seeing all the compliments only makes me appreciate our SVX even more.

They are indeed the stock tires. It does worry me at times, but there is no dry rot or cracking at all. At least on the surfaces I can see...

The only blemishes on the car are two small dings (could be removed by PDR easily), a couple 1 inch scratches, and some pinky nail size chips at the very bottom of the front bumper. Petty stuff for a car this old that has never had any sort of restorative work, in my opinion.

I have only polished the car once in its 16 years. Gloss was always there; the polishing was just to remove swirls. But here are my supplies... I use Menzerna Polishes (SIP, PO106FA, PO85RD) with Uber orange or green pads. Nothing too aggressive. I then put on a cleanser, Prima Amigo, which is the easiest product to use that I have ever encountered. Uber blue pad for that. For wax, either Einszett Glanz or Collinite 845 with a black pad. Usually the latter for its ease of use and durability. And Aerospace 303 for vinyl and rubber surfaces.

Last edited by fzel07wrx; 09-03-2011 at 10:22 AM.