View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Yes...in this super-liberal, money-means-all, I-don't-care-about-you, waste-first-ask-questions-later world, those things are important. Not to me. I look at cost vs. performance (not just "speed" performance, but "quality" performance, "comfort" performance...etc). I don't give a rip if the yuppies next door think my car is high class or junk. Really, what does that get you? Maybe some gold-digging, shallow minded friends. If that's what you want, good for you.

In my mind...

...what good is a 48-valve Dual Overhead Cam, all aluminum V12 in my $250,000 Lambo if my neighbor with the $70,000 Corvette ZO6 has a more reliable, better riding, cheaper to repair, and last but not least, much faster car?! Style you say? Blah...it's all a matter of opinion. Sure Lambos look cool...big freakin deal. Exclusivity? Again this is all depends on you actually caring what other people think...

...why should I pay $160k+ for a 600+hp MB that can barely pull high 11's in the quarter? I'm not a drag racer. I mentioned before that I haven't even had my WS6 to the track yet. But it does happen to be the single most important measure of performance in this country...and until the Autobahn Co. builds a franchise over here, it's going to stay that way. Plus, just because it's European doesn't mean it can hit 200mph faster, nor does it automatically mean that it handles better at that speed either. I could put 600hp in a C6 Vette or SRT-10 Viper and have better reliability (well at least with the Vette), a reasonably comfortable ride, a better looking car (opinion of course), a cheaper to fix car, while being able to flirt with 10's in the quarter, and STILL be able to run with whatever I would come across on the American Autobahn (if it ever gets built). Oh yeah, did I forget to mention this would cost less than half of the SL65 AMG's pricetag? Plus I guarantee a modded C6 or SRT-10 would turn more heads in town than that ugly AMG...

You will never justify the price of a car by saying "That's because it's a *insert yuppy brand name here*". Reputations are a thing of the past...it's becoming a "put your money where your mouth is and show me what you can do" kinda world.

Now I have to add for those who just like the MB styling and such, that i'm not saying you're stupid for liking this car. Everybody has cars that they just love...even if they don't completely make sense. Actually that's alot like me and the 1988-1990 GTA. Why do I like it? I dunno...it's boxy, slow, and rattly. But I just love it.

Thank you for visiting "Shadow's world". Have a nice day

why should you pay $160k for a blah blah blah???? .....how about you CAN'T pay that much on a car, even if you wanted to. Mercedes doesn't really care about Shadow's World.
i better get some drag slicks for teh WRX. i was going to upgrade the brakes, but that would be stupid since 1/4 mile time is teh single most important thing in the whole wide world.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)