View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 07:52 PM
SVX Appeal

Jet Black. I think that virtually any car with a matte black finish is dead sexy. Cheap primer does not count. After that, any monochrome colors are best, but I prefer the darker ones. I think the Titanium Grey on Daluvabull's SVX is excellent. It makes this otherwise slightly feminine car look a bit macho. In fact, it makes the mock light in the grill look good.

Yellow is fantastic, but it has to be the right one. There are a lot of bad yellow colors out there. Also, I don't think any factory car should be allowed to be yellow. Only cars with significant performance improvements should be yellow. This would unfortunately exclude all SVXs, as nobody (that I know of) has crested that roughly 350 horsepower benchmark, which is about what I think it would take to justify that paint. Opinions may vary. (Waiting for the stones to begin flying.)

Pearl White looks good, but only when the trunk and spoiler are also white. I'm not particularly impressed with the factory pearl colors. They could be a lot more brilliant, like the early Cadillac pearl paint was.

Lastly, Lagua Blue is a fine color. I would prefer it to be darker, and more lustrous, but it's broadly very attractive.

I do not care for the green or red-based colors. The SVX makes any color look good, but I feel these colors only flatter the car in just the right light. (If the light is perfect, they do look quite sharp.) I think red just screams "I really want to be a Ferrari." The green/teal, plumb/bordeaux, seem like colors that only senior citizens would choose - not bad looking, but they don't scream anything; they just sit on the porch and talk about the weather. I am glad people like them though, because there are a lot of 'em out there, which I presume is because old people did in fact choose those colors, and the flashier colors have all be chosen by young people who have destroyed their cars already.