View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:30 PM

Re: Another Guess That Noise Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
Yeah I have a set of small ramps I backed the car onto to do the sway bar.
i just didn't think it be a good idea to put it up on ramps and then jump on the end that was up on ramps.
You think it be safe and not fall off the ramps and crush me?
Depends on your ramps and you can always chock block your front tires while it is on ramps so it doesn't roll forward if that is the concern. However should be fine but it truly is your head etc. However one of your clips it didn't look like it had to be shaken too hard to get the noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX View Post
And yes I am a newegg shopper, this is my new computer:
Motherboard:
ASUS M4A88TD-M AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s AMD Motherboard = $90
CPU:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX = $99
RAM:
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 996782 = $109
HDD (2 Disk RAID-0 Array)
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive = $54ea. x2 = $108
PSU:
CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC = $45
Optical Drives:
ASUS DVDRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM = $19ea. x2 = $38
Case:
HEC 6C28BB8S Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case = $47

Total: $536 shipped.

I plan to making a picture thread on this at some point. I don't think there is enough off topic threads on this board.
I like the low $ set up, the processor is nice and seems to be well liked with all the positive reviews. The motherboard doesn't have alot of reviews and though all of the reviewers are highly skilled with pc so unless you are doing crazy stunts with it (I doubt) the negatives or cons probably won't bother you. Looks like you are setting it up to run 32 bit based on the amount of RAM, just curious if you considered 64 bit OS (Windows 7?). I am on a bit older laptop the HP HDX18 it's big and heavy but love it. I have one of the first eeePC from Asus as well running vista (cut down version) on a 4gb sshd 2gb ram lol. My Asus has OBDII software for my other vehicles and is ultra portable. I use Autoenginuity software and so far no complaints.