View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: knock sensor replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvan View Post
I didn't mean to insult an engine designer but I realize they have to be in the block to do their job. Since I really don't know how they measure knock in all 6 cylinders from the center cylinders on each side, their placement could be in a more convenient location since they will eventually need to be replaced. As far as the replacement knock sensors for < $6, they are from China, not my first choice of manufacturing. I'll check w/Rockauto but they may also be from China.
If you have to pull the Manifold, then don't make yourself do it twice. Look at replacing the water hose on the right side of the engine top. It is a section about 4 inches long that runs front to back. I had to re-pull to get the hose redone when it blew out shortly after doing both sensors.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles