View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 PM

Re: Initial hesitation

my 92 did this for EVER. upon start, best to let it warm up or it would have a hesitant throttle response. Park it in a garage and it was not near as bad. It's been answered already. I would clean the MAF connections and MAF itself and apply some Stabliant 22a on the connections. Actually, use that on ALL electrical connections. The wave you speak of kinda clears once it warms up and always ran the AC. mine would drop a lot lower at idle than 2100. As you know the SVX idles rather low. 2100 would be high to me. It's just a cold natured car. takes it a minute to get its bearings. but clean everything throttle body, plate, Maf, check the 02's. and honestly I had my injectors cleaned and that made a difference as in like night and day difference. Power light would come on with just a light tap. but part of my service included fogging out the entire intake. 17 years and over 100k miles. that first start hesitation, if you went to just start and go, was always there. There can be other issues with grounds or funky signals and I think that's possibly part of it till things warm up so TREAT every connection with stabilant 22. It's your friend you can find it online or you can order it from any VW dealer. runs about 50$.

May you have many years and many miles of fun. I sure miss mine.
SVX1999

Ryan