View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
The Molinator

Oh Great! New NoIsE!

Well.. Guys: While waiting to smog my car for the third time (Yikes!), I now notice a NEW NOISE! When accelerating from a stop.. turning right or left, but more so to the right.. I hear this garbling sound.. . and sometimes it sounds/feels like the car is shaking!

Could this be an axle? I just replaced the driver side front in January 2009! .. . With another (4th?) free reman on lifetime guarantee (Pep Boys)! [Someone here told me in January that I could put in another reman.. or buy an OEM part, but I'd have to replace the reman every 6 months to a year! THAT HAS BEEN THE CASE UP TIL NOW..and MAYBE EVEN NOW! Does it mean anything that it makes the noise more readily turning right? My Bro-in-law has told me there's a big difference in the reman's versus the OEM's also, but the cost ($300-400) has kept me away. What are your thoughts here?

Tell me it has nothing to do with the diff/trans I swapped.. . a used one from Tom K. for my broken diff [ONE TOOTH SHY].. last year in May? The AT seems to work well.. . so, I hope it's not any of that!

The noise is kind of a grumbling sound (like ball bearings crunching, but still working some?).. . It doesn't make the noise while driving straight forward (or back).. . I guess it must be the half-axle or axles?? I must really like this car! It's getting close to the death march.. . I guess I might be keeping my SVX on life support, not knowing when to pull the plug!?

Thanks for your input.. . Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!