View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Angry Got my car back, not too happy

So, I got my car back from the shop today. First of all, I love how they all think that they are know it alls. He told me the center cap they got was not the right color and that I would need to come back when they got the different one they ordered in. I tried explaining to him that the center caps on my car were painted by the PO and that it is different. He proceeded to tell me that they used a darker set of rims/centercaps on later SVXi(I already know that and also know that those aren't as dark as what is on there) and that is what they are now waiting on. So that kind of bugged me right away but I just shrugged it off as I know I'm right and he will know too when it comes in. I see my car and think wow, it looks real nice and am glad it got repaired but didn't want to spend the time to look at my car closely at this time as I was very hungry and just wanted to be driving the SVX again after having a stupid fricken Kia Rio rental.

So after eating, I go out and start looking closely at my car. First thing I notice is the black clips used where the rear side garnish clips to the back of the door frame. WTF?! they can't just get the flush mount body colored clips from SOA or even reuse the old ones? Then after that I decide I'm really going to go everything with a fine tooth comb. I next see the paint run on the front of the door and it is absolutely horrible especially considering this is probably the busiest collision repair/body work place in the county. I don't know how they could let this slip by. I also notice there is a small run on the door handle-like on the concave part where you put your hand to then lift on the handle. This is not very bad and so its not that big of a deal to me, just know that its not completely right. Then I notice that the mirror(used) that they were supposed to completely refinish, has a few pits in it which is not right at all. Also there is severe UV damage to the rubber(i think) that surrounds the actual glass of the mirror. And the black part has some scratches in it as well. I also notice that there is a clip completely missing from the front of the rear wheel well that also holds the rear part of the side garnish on.

Then for the rear bumper... It goes from touching the quarter panel on each side in the wheel well to having enough separation that I can stick my middle finger in between the bumper and the panel in the rear(not forcing it in so that it pushes down on the plastic bumper either). I'm not sure if it was this way before the accident or not but still, they should have corrected that if they saw that it obviously doesn't sit right. Oh and lastly that I can think of right now is that they didn't bother to buff off the black wheel marks that were left on my wheel.

Sorry for all the ranting and the long post but I just want to see what everyone else has to say. This is also the first time I will be posting pics of my car other than of the damage. I guess I should have been obstinate when picking a repair shop as the one place I really wanted to take it to, it would have either have been totalled ($3500 estimate from the shop) or if anything, would have more than likely been done right the first time. It was a local shop owned by a person rather than a large company with a bunch of workers who don't have their name on the line. Well anyway, on with the pics. Here is a link to my facebook album with more pics
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8362726&ref=nf

and pics of the "problems"
bumper alignment

other side (repaired side)

missing clip

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Probably made me the most mad as it can't really be fixed any way

paint run on door

crappy black tabs that stick out about 3mm from the surface

pits in the mirror, kind of hard to see

pic of the car