Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 06:22 PM
SVXCAPE

everything I expected and then some, I have found a new love for driving, mabye just this car, can't get enough. when I picked it up I checked all the fluids, oil looked clean on dipstick, tranny fluid nice and pink did not smell burned, that was a big relief. when I got in the car the first thing that I noticed was the odometer, it read 126,900. that was a big surprise bc when I bought it the guy had it listed at 129,900-- that must have been why the guy said he was loosing money, he probably realized his mistake after I had already purchased it plus the sound that he thought to be the bearing was actually the rear brakes rubbing, the noise had stopped by the time I made it home, as far as the tranny mounts everything felt solid, I dont know what that guy was feeling, it shifted very smooth, I already did the resistor mod and I like it better although there is a shaking in the steering wheel at speeds around 80-90, probably just the tires need balanced, oh yea I think the valve cover leak is just the little seals around the coil packs, so I think I got this car for a steal, I am very happy, I'm about to go do the self diag test for past probs and see what comes up, the tranny may be fairly new it looked pretty shiney, where are the numbers for it at? I dont think it has the external filter, and no tranny cooler, thats no big deal I will order one tomorrow, anyway just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know how the first day went,, now I'm going to go mess with my car will be back later