View Single Post
Old 08-19-2001, 11:49 AM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
plugging up

I know, however i think a have an updated radiator, I thiink....

Why two coolers? actually the second one was supposed to be for my oil cooler( i do some autocross, so the stress is higher)
Unfortunately, I didnt research the idea very througly and could not find a path to put the cooler for the engine oil.

My plan was to put each cooler on either side in front of the condensor for a perfect fit and match.

What to do with the second cooler? I was thinking of selling it on this board, but I ended up using some of the fittings from the second cooler to create a custom fitting for the temperature sender.

The reason I put it in series was mostly because it is easier, I didnt have the parts for parallel and I was sure it would pump anything to the cooler in front of the condensor because of the varying in height.

Instead I mounted the second one parallel to the ground in front of the oil pan. and the first in front of the condensor.

Of course this wrecks havac on how much atf I need int he system. WHen the car hasnt started up, it looks way over ful, but when i start the car and it starts pumping it goes to the correct height on the dipstick.
http://www.svxwrx.com

Last edited by htyei; 08-19-2001 at 11:56 AM.