View Single Post
Old 04-22-2004, 09:26 PM
nickhawaii

Aloha gang,

I too have a strange intermittant tinking noise coming from underneath the center console area -- definitely a metal on metal sound. Occurs most often when warm -- but this is not a rule. Only happens on acceleration and when cruising -- stops immediately when the foot goes off the gas or if the grade goes more downhill. I am praying for a loose heat sheild -- however today I noticed that more strange noises are emanating from the tranny direction when reversing. kind of a squeaking noise -- cycling to the spin rate of the drive shaft? Fast squeaking when reversing faster -- slower when slow speed. This noise is not consistent either -- but almost always when warm. Please please please do not be a tranny problem. Finally -- and this has been going on for some time -- I hear the drive shaft(?) spooling up when accelerating hard or when going up steep grades -- both situations famous for power bieng sent to the rear wheels. This noise is consistent -- hot or cold. The noise seems to come from right below the center console.

Shifting is limo smooth in all gears, TC lock happens reliably at 50mph. Whadya think guys? Heat sheilds? Tranny mounts? new car time?

mahalo for your replies

Nick