View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: idle issue, stalling

Quote:
Originally posted by 92-svx-LS-i
I have a 92 lsi with 84k. I've only had it for about a month and love it when it drives right, however, for the last couple weeks my car has been stalling when I'm at a stop or the engine is at idle. It is getting progressively worse, now when the engine is warm i stall eveytime i come to a stop. No check engine lights have ever come on and the car always starts back up. Some of the other symptoms is a very, very rough idle. The tach needle jumps from 1rpm to almost zero, then it jumps back up to 1 rpm (this is when it doesn't stall). I have also noticed a lot of hesitation on throttle response. Also when the engine is cold, it idles at almost 1, and then as it warms up it starts flucuating. I took it to the dealership but all they did was charge me 70$, and tell me that they don't , and won't know what's wrong until a check engine light comes on. The car has had mobile 1 it's whole life, and the 60k tune up was done one time. The previous owner said he got the plugs replaced, but i don't know if that has anything to do about it. I've read a lot of forums but no one see's to be having the same problem i am. Any help in narrowing down what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

also how much is a window regulator for the svx, my passenger side window doesn't work
Seems like people are losing MAF Sensors right and left. That sounds like what your symptoms are. That would be my first guess. You don't wanna know my second. Run the self diagnostic (instructions in the "How To" personal folder) and see if you get any "stored codes." That's what the dealership wants to charge you 70 bucks for -- you do it for free and spend the (less than) 70 bucks on a used MAF Sensor.

Your window is probably the victim of the "broken clip" syndrome (does the motor sound like it's working). The part number can probably be found with a "search." I'm sorry I can't come up with it right now (John Hoffman, do you know it by heart? ).

And, one more thing (don't mean to be picky, but I am ). There's no such thing as a '92 LS-i. Fully loaded 92's and 93's were designated LS-L.

Glad to have you on board!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI