Thread: Quiet or what?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGJ
For me the quiet ride is one of the best features of the SVX. I've been driving noisey sports cars for so long the SVX is like a limo. All the road tests show well under 70dba interior noise levels. The OEM stereo in the '92 is excellent and the lack of noise allows for v. good fidelity. With the new tires, Avon MTech 500's, the ride is now also v. quiet. Now all I can hear with the windows up on the freeway is a little wind noise, and the 'snow tires'...that's the noise the rear wheel bearings make when they start to fail. After the new bearings are in I'll go after the wind noise. I was suprised at the exterior quiet at idle the first time I was outside the car before a technician drove it away. Suprised because I couldn't hear it at idle but it did make very nice porschesque exhaust sounds accelerating away.
dcb has it right-Sweet ride! Especially for the money!
WGJ
After the wheel bearing change I have taken mine out on several drives, about half and half city and Interstate. I am so amazed at how quiet she is. Even with the sunroof open, there is not a lot of wind noise, which I have become accustomed to, especially in the NB. I know that tires and road surface does play a factor, the new Fulda's are VERY quiet. What really gets me is on the interstate, cruising at 80 or so, which is the norm here....tunes jammin...I mean, it is amazing to me. You know you have a quiet car when you only have to bump the stereo 2 notches up when on the interstate. Other than the tunes, the wind noise from the ac is the next loudest. What a car.