View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
No, it's not a dedicated server by any means. I was not aware that this website was going on a purely dedicated server. I was simply looking for a way to perhaps get the cost down. However, since I'm reading that you're saying that the SVXWN needs a dedicated server, then you can disregard my statement - I didn't think it needed that much power.

I'm not complaining about having to donate - I don't mind at all (Read this Lee: I donated to USMB as well and if Dave asked us to donate on Legacycentral, I would - and I am members on both forums thank you). I thought that perhaps there was a way to somehow drop the price per month of bandwidth/server usage etc - but I think that you (Chris) have made it clear that this is the most cost effective way of operating.
We are actually already on SEVERAL dedicated servers. This latest purchase has not yet been received and the current servers are some 5-7 years old. Beyond the SVX, most of us dont have cars that old.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.