View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvs
I was referring to the connector described by b3lha (Phil) ... I can't see which goes where well enough to translate. Perhaps you could do it?
Ah, I read through Phil's doc again and see now. You both were indeed talking about the colors on the audio harness Phil found. Very odd color scheme — not the EIA standard found on most car radio harnesses today.

Here's another drawing with the pin numbers (lower connector with 9 pins):
<- This one.

View is looking at the contact pins on the CAR'S harness (wires pointing away from you). On the aftermarket harness, this would be the side with the wires pointing towards you, pins pointing away.

For the pins in question, the EIA standard wire colors are:
2 — White => Transmit
3 — Green => Receive
5 — Gray/Black => +12V
9 — Violet/Black => Ground
As I suggested earlier, since you're going to extract the unneeded wires anyway, you might as well transplant the Red and Black wires from the 7-pin connector into pins 5 and 9, respectively.

The attachment to this post is the same gif as above, in case the link goes bad. Drawing courtesy of NASIOC's vrg3, on this page that shows the entire pin-out of the radio connectors.
Attached Images
File Type: gif harness.gif (1.6 KB, 1562 views)

Last edited by SVXdc; 01-25-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Original link to pin-out had died