View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: Reading TWELVE sign-up list

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Not at all bitter Harry, just don't want to see the SVX become a footnote just like the British iron from the 60s has due to an aging ownership, arrogance and unwillingess to attract the young to invest in something other than a crappy body with wheels, a sound system and hack 'em up mods.

It isn't rocket science that standing in a parking lot of a hotel does nothing to attract potential buyers for the car. It is perfectly fine early on to get a cohesive club started but with maybe 5k on the road and less than 2k in even #2 shape reality just needs to set in for quite a few here.

You're always welcome to come to a real car show where you can share your experiences with car people who just need a nudge to get past the neg press on the SVX. There's a killer autox course on site too. To me its a no brainer since no one is even willing to step up and do the hard work needed to make a meet happen the past few years.
You make some good points, Ben - BTW, where is the real car show / autocross you mentioned?

And very true - I have found over the years that most aren't willing to work to make a good meet happen - it's always a few dedicated people that do all the work ....
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx