View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Reading TWELVE sign-up list

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx View Post
Ben,
You are a bitter man ..... I'll be there and enjoy the people AND the car ... sorry you won't be able to make it ... I'll miss you .....

Harry
Not at all bitter Harry, just don't want to see the SVX become a footnote just like the British iron from the 60s has due to an aging ownership, arrogance and unwillingess to attract the young to invest in something other than a crappy body with wheels, a sound system and hack 'em up mods.

It isn't rocket science that standing in a parking lot of a hotel does nothing to attract potential buyers for the car. It is perfectly fine early on to get a cohesive club started but with maybe 5k on the road and less than 2k in even #2 shape reality just needs to set in for quite a few here.

You're always welcome to come to a real car show where you can share your experiences with car people who just need a nudge to get past the neg press on the SVX. There's a killer autox course on site too. To me its a no brainer since no one is even willing to step up and do the hard work needed to make a meet happen the past few years.