View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Canine Central Vestibular Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I'm hoping someone has had some experience with this disease. My dog Kahlua was diagnosed with vestibular a month ago and it has gotten worse after treatment. She had a seizure last night and spent the night in the emergency clinic. We have to have an MRI and LP done to find out if there is anything we can do to help her. If anyone has gone this far please help me.
Kia ora Michael,

With a name like Kahlua your dog is almost a kiwi. Just did a --- not a nice condition. I trust all will turn out well, but if not, here are a few sincere thoughts which may help. ----

I am an animal person and have had several dogs over many years. You get extremely attached, but you must remain practical from all points of view. After a long harrowing period, I had to have my last very dear dog "Luke" put down and know the heart ache involved.

You must consider the cost/benefit which applies and who a probable bottomless debt will effect. Secondly and very important, unless the suggested cure is quick, absolute, and stress free, is it in the best interests of your pet?

Fingers crossed.

Sadly, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!