View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Well I appreciate your open mind but I must also get my point across. I absolutley despise a cookie cutter. Yeah I opted for the stage 3 instead of building my own FI system because I am a student and didn't want a full time project. Plus, there are a lot if things I do not know enough about to do it myself. I am only 22 and my knowledge in some areas is limited. Just about everything I do is custom anymore. I cannot hold any appreciation for a bolt on car. I just think if you have to put your mind to work to make your car it is MUCH more satisfying than bolting on a Cobb kit (which are not that great imho). I am not saying that this is what you or everyone else is doing either. I like to think outside of the box and refute most of everything that comes my way. I am thick headed and I like opposition. I chose an SVX because I used to drool over them when I was a teen. I stumbled upon this great community and have been loyal ever since. But there is a problem when people keep inside that metaphorical box and just point out that the SVX is slow, its heavy, its got a crappy slushbox, and all the other negatives. Any car can be a monster, and as my modo of SVXi go, all it takes is a little ingenuity.

Tom