View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 06:11 PM

Been very busy with house repairs - have a minor update and a question.

Tried swapping the TPS with a spare I had (bought in a lame attempt to fix tranny 2-3 shift flare), no change - assume problem is elsewhere.

Re-checked MAF sensor connection and air intake tract, found a small hole where a hose on the driver's side connects to the plastic housing - bottom of two hoses near where it connects to the throttle body (part of the PCV system I think). Fixed that - tiny, tiny improvement.

Tried to test the EGR valve by putting a vacuum on the valve - couldn't get to more than about 5", but engine stumbled a bit, so I'm assuming EGR is functional.

Interested that I couldn't get a decent vacuum, I did some close listening (at idle), and I heard what sounds like an air leak.

Took the top black pieces off the intake manifold and it definitely sounds like an air leak somewhere under the manifold - loudest when I put my ear near the opening where the PCV valve is located.

I wish I could remember what it should sound like....So, my question - is this air leak sound normal, or do I need to pull the manifold & replace hoses, etc.?