View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
I've got a whole roll of magnetic sheet material -- it was much cheaper than a set of numbers/letters. I actually ordered from a company that specializes in everything magnetic -- the sheet material is extra heavy to insure that the numbers/letters don't come off at highway speeds.
I followed the same routine as Mr. Pockets to make my letters and numbers.
-Bill

p.s. PM me if you want to try to make your own letters/numbers, I'll ship you the material -- I've got more than I'll ever be able to use
Thanks for the offer but I'm actually having them made. The way I see it $35 for ones that are "made" for commercial vehicles as semi perm. graffics will last and not be a hassle with falling off in the future. I got'em for both sides and one for the hood (I'll probably never use) in 8" for the numbers, 4" for the letters (apparently this is the minimum size for SCCA according to the website that sell the stuff. I also got a G made as well as an H so when I get enough points for first I can take the SVX out for a day.

Oh yeah, and if your car is back in the running by Sunday and you need to play catch up on your fix. Penn National in Grantville by 9:15ish in the morning . I think Hocrest will be there as well (in his Legacy)

Last edited by benebob; 07-12-2004 at 02:52 PM.