View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: STI Yellow Top Injector firmware

I finally got around to finishing the firmware for the STI yellow top injectors paired with a Z32 air flow meter. I don't have any dyno #'s to prove it or anything but the car feels faster again. So switching from the stock injectors to the yellow tops felt like an improvement then switching from the stock air flow meter to the z32 air flow meter felt like another improvement.

The tuning is exactly the same as in pretty much all of my chips. I started with my JDM-OE-OE firmware as base code (which was the replacement for the ECUtune Stage1av1.) To that I made the theoretical changes to the firmware for the STI yellow top injectors. I then trialed that firmware with a wideband hooked up to the car, revised it, trialed it, .....until it was perfectly dialed in.

I then used the JDM-OE-YellowTop firmware as base code to which I made the theoretical changes for the z32 mass air meter which I then trialed, revised, trialed revised....until it was perfectly dialed in.

So the tuning remains the same across all of my chips no matter which injector/mass air meter combination you choose to go with. None the less it is my impression that this mass air meter/injector combination offers the best performance.