Thread: I've had it
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2003, 03:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Kelli, I'm sorry you're having problems with your SVX, but I think more and more of us are going to encounter the same thing. Yeah, I consider SVXs reliable and very well-built - but yours is eleven or twelve years old, now, and in a cold-weather state. These also happen to be relatively complicated cars, with lots of little stuff that can go wrong with them. They're going to need more and more care as they get older.

I know you're looking for encouragement, and I don't mean to give you the opposite. I love my SVX as much as anybody here, and I wish I could drive it every day. But I realized that at some point the car was going to require more care than it was worth as a daily driver. That's why my SVX sits in the garage while I drive a Justy with (almost) no heat.

As this group grows and evolves, more and more people are going to reach that point. They're gonna get fed up. Some of us will dump our cars and some of us will put them away.

Now, your current problems may be just a run of bad luck. Fix the car and hope. But at some point, your SVX will no longer be viable daily transportation.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE