View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by odepaj
it would look nice with a sleeker front end and more or a low-profile IMO. i hate how everyones going with the "sit high in a low car" look. 3-4 years ago dodge had a different concept for a new Charger and it was much much nicer (t'was still a 4-door though).

dustin
Yes agreed, even though I think this latest concept is decent, I still like the 1999 concept much better. Don't get me wrong it still looks good. But in my opinion this concept should have been called the Corronet, rather than the Charger, since it has looks that are more aligned with the early 60s Hemi hotrod such as the Corronet or HEMI Belvedere rather than the late 60s GT styled muscle car. But it is all about getting the buyer's attention and giving this car the more infamously known name of the muscle car era makes all the difference in a time when Ford is trying to smash back into the automotive scene by tapping into its muscle car heyday heritage. Despite that, I still think Chrysler is going a bit overboard on the butchy pimpin brick profile, on a good part of their new models. But if they can sell, that’s a plus for them.

Now does that look more like a charger or what?

More pics can be found here.

Also, this pic seems to do plenty of justice as well. I admit though, it does look a bit long. I also heard that concept uses the Intrepid platform, aside from it being RWD, so it can be built.

So take a good long look at the Neon SRT-4, because that is the most aerodynamic today's Chrysler/Dodge will ever get with the way things are looking (not counting the Viper and Jeep lineup).

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-10-2005 at 09:59 PM.