Thread: Greed and Debt
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Greed and Debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
You know the GOP has changed a lot over the last few decades, according to the information I have gathered. I would be surprised if anyone was in lock-step with it for any significant amount of time.

Just look at Clint Eastwood, he's from that bygone era of "real" Republicans who don't give a **** about people's personal business, but they showcase him at the RNC as if he even represents them at all, which he doesn't.

Someone was arguing with me over something or other, gays marriage probably, and they fell back on Eastwood like "Ha, well look who WE have on our side!", and 2 minutes of Googling later I pulled a quote from him stating the opposite of what her position was.

Hilarious. A lot of my friends who are on the fence with Ron Paul really like him. I just haven't known him long enough to trust him, whereas Paul I have been following since '07, I know his ins and outs, I know exactly what he's going to say at every speech, and I like that I am never surprised by it. He is definitely at that age though he should consider passing the torch. Trouble is he won't endorse anyone who doesn't precisely follow his ideals.
I have to admit I like this about him though. No compromise on your ideals is a great trait