View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Me too!

I showed it to an older and wiser SVX owner the other night and he is positive it is a real promo for the Japanese home market, but the music is all a re-dub someone has done. In his opinion, the original video probably had some "generic" type music like the U.S. videos we're familiar with and probably lots of talking in Japanese. We get hints that there is probably someone talking and explaining things from time to time as words come up on screen or specific things are shown. I imagine there is probably some sales pitch talking during a lot of the driving footage as well.

He stated that in it's original form the video would be fun to watch (once) even if you couldn't understand the talking. I bet the mood would be much different, as it would be more sales pitch and technical and less emotional.

The music choosen when whoever redubbed it works well though and evokes that emotional response in us. It is like the whole video is reborn with a different purpose.

He also gave lots of praise to the cinematography and production. The U.S. videos don't come close to this, and as he mentioned hardly any car promos out there past or present do. There was a lot of time and care taken in creating this and the shots of the car and Japan's scenery are fantastic.

If anyone knows how to get an original copy of this on VHS let me know!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...