Thread: Level 10
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 06:50 PM
nnjsvx

Suggest you do a word search under "Transmission" limited to titles and you will find a 1/29/04 post with several replies aboput Level 10. One is mine of a bad experience back in 97. There are others good and bad of more recent history.

One biggy is no warranty of any kind from them.

These trans are a bit different and playing with them to boost shift performance or anything else challenges the design capability which we all know is suspect already.

My understanding then and appears to be mow as well is that he does not use any different parts from Subaru and just modifies them for more fluid flow and extends gear windout to a snappier shift if you want that.

Sounds like you know something about transmissions as you are thinking about rebuilding one youself. I suspect you know what questions to ask Level 10 to determine exactly what they woul;d do and using what.

I would be interested in your views if wil do this or have done so already. I am liley to go the dealer route when the time comes.

Just got mine back today after 2 knock sensors were replaved and rear end solonoid valve and new housing extension. 7 hrs labor on each plus $700 in parts.

The mechanic there just bought a 92 at dealer auction and had to get a new trans to his surprise after 3 weeks of driving. He did the work himslf but the parts ran him $3,000.