Thread: Little Joe
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Cool pics! Especially the one where he's decorated his bed. It's as if he's posing in defiance.
Yeah.... that was a funny situation. I was in the den checking out ebay for a new dog crate since ours is too small. (The one in the photo was sent back to the animal rescue group.) Hubby fell asleep on his chair in the living room while he was supposed to be watching the little guy. Last I saw them, they were snoozing together. 20 minutes later I go to get a cup of coffee, and that is what I saw... Little Joe sitting in the middle of the floor happily chewing on a roll of paper towels while Hubby is oblivious, sleeping through it all. I knew Hubby wouldn't believe what had happened so I grabbed the camera and took some shots before cleaning up. I always have the camera and extra batteries handy now

Speaking of ebay, I am very proud of myself. I did some extensive research on various dog crates available here in Germany and finally found one I liked that met my requirements. The online prices ranged from 60-80 euro plus shipping (tax incl). The local pet shop was selling them for 75. Then I saw that on the German ebay, there's a pet store that lets one crate go with no reserve every two days. So I watched, and waited, and ended up grabbing one for 36.38 euro + 8.50 shipping. Excellent! And just to make me feel even better, the next auction had the same crate being sold for 42.09 + 8.50. That really made my day!