View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Performance Camshaft prices and specs!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
The seller on Ebay e-mailed me back with the following info:

I can provide the cams seperatly. The price would be $500 + shipping. This is an introductry price and may increase in the future. You would need to pack them carefully and send them to me. We will have them reprofiled and send them back as I am out of cores at the moment. This may also change soon. Pack them well and we will send them back in the same package. The specs, if you are intersted are: intake, 310 lift and 193 duration and the exhaust: 336 lift and 202 duration. This is about as much as can be accomodated without clearance problems in the head. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Question: What are the stock specs for the camshafts on the SVX? Potentially, how much added performance could an SVX get from these camshafts?

(In the 3.5L NA 350Z, the Nismo R-Tune Camshafts add 15whp and cost $1,000 more!!!)
On that timing and lift figures, they have .030", 0.75mm more lift, than standard. the duration numbers don't state what lift they were measured at, so it does not tell us enought to say, but the subaru duration for the inlets is 246 degs.

If the inlet duration is increased beyound 246 you will lose the torque provided by the Inerta Inlet system, that gives the torque below 4000rpm.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.