View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 03:31 AM
SVX Appeal

BordeauxComet, I like the carbon fiber hood. Great solution. All you need now is graphite fenders, trunk, and roof.

How about a pop-tent for protection? QuickDraw makes one that's 8'x10'. I don't know what a typical hail storm is like, but if it's windy I don't think a tent isn't gonna work.

I keep thinking those giant life rafts would be great. You know the ones that have a giant CO2 canister that inflates on contact with the water? Get one of those giant inflatable mattresses and the CO2 canister from a life raft and you're set.

Check this out: Here's the instant inflator, and here's the tent. Just pull the rip-cord.

There are a gajillion companies that make inflatable stuff, and most are pretty large. You could even have one made to fit an SVX. If you could only get it permanently installed, think of the applications! Get the James Bond style remote control and you're set. A bird lands on the car and ruffles it's butt-feathers - pfoomp! A shopping cart rolling across the parking lot towards your fender - pfoomp! Need to fjord a raging river on the way to work - pfoomp! Air bags on the outside of the car to protect you and your baby. If the neighbor's cat even thinks of walking across the hood with it's dirty paws... Pfoomp! Myerow!

....it must be late 'cause my brain is just full of wild ideas.