Thread: Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 06:56 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Career Advice

Hey everyone. I'm wearing out my brain trying to think of what to do... so I thought I'd post it here to get some 3rd party perspective. Basically, right now I'm working at a dental lab, (I've worked their since 1999, between school, and I also did a 1.5 year fulltime stint) starting full time (again) next week. My boss, whom I've known since I was about 8, is a japanese guy (not that it matters) who recognizes my skills with my hands (in art)... and he'd really like me to learn his trade, and eventually take over his business. It's not a bad job... it certainly pays well, he makes about 60 grand... PER MONTH. Granted, some of that $ has to pay the other employees, pay for equipment, supplies, etc. Anyway, yeah, the pay is nice. But I've always wanted to go to school for industrial design. One of my friends just got a degree in I.D. He's working a **** job getting paid crap. :\

But... still. I know I'm better than him (my friend) and that I'd probably be more successful... but would it be STUPID of me to turn down a good job right now?!

Ack. Basically, let your opinions, experiences, and ideas fly. I just want to read what everyone has to say and hopefully come to a conclusion sometime soon.

- Rob