View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Registered SVX
another stalling thread...

3 weeks ago my car kept stalling when at a stop sign or red light, i have read many post about it and finally got to the conclusion that the maf was fault ...."i could temporarly fix the problem by beating the crap out of it with my punch" it was stopping stalling they coming back 2 or 3 days later, finally i changed the maf "took it from my old wrecked svx" it fixed the problem.

but the last week i have noticed that when i was starting the car the rpm would go near 1700-2000 then slowly get to 900-1000 which would take about 2-5 minutes "giving me the time to smoke a cigarette"...in park position.putting it in drive would put her down around 500-700.

NOW
today i started her the rpm got to 2000km and stalled right after "2 seconds" i've restarted her about 5 times , then i had a big smell of gas. finally i started her and kept pressing the gas pedal to keep her alive, if i was releasing the pedal it was dying so i waited 5 minutes with the gas pressed around 1500-2000rpm .after that it was fine, i drove her 1 hour then i shut it off and it started well without any problem

p.s i have no c.e.l.,flashing power light no nothing it just shut off,240 000 km's . oil is 5w-30 gold clean....and i always full it with 94 octane

considering that the spark plug is right by the cam cover and i got leaks that begins to be MAJOR leaks from both of them , could it be the spark plugs that begin to be drowned with oil ? plugged gas filter ? i have no clue where to begin....i didn't find anything on this forum that has the same problem as i do

any help would be very gratefull....thank you
Ebony black 92 Ls-l Alive - 25XXXX - Quick change, Powermod , Alternator Mod , audiobahn 1300 watt ach ,exile 800 watt peak, jackhammer 12" 300 watt rms, polkaudio 6 1/2 compoment. kenwood dvd\nav . radar detector.small car lens and grill