View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: Alternator Mod (Reading Attendees)

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX
OK, for those of you going to Reading, that have the know how... What do I need to bring with me to Reading in order to get this job done? I have very few tools, as I rent an Apartment and I dont have any close friends with work space.

All I would like is a list of what I need to get it done, and possibley a little guidance while I do this @ Reading... Any takers?
If you're like most of us on this forum, you don't have ANY close friends (except for us on this forum).

8 feet of 4-gauge wire is more than enough, with six 5/16" ring connectors (one for each end of the 3 cables you're gonna fabricate). As for tools, you'll need a wire stripper or a pocketknife, a crimping tool or a pair of pliers, and metric wrenches to undo the bolts you're gonna connect the connectors to.

You could really go way out on the quality continuum and crimp AND solder the connectors, and probably dress the installation up in all kinds of ways, but I think I covered the basics.

svxcess has a great description and pics in his locker - his is a very clean and professional install.

BTW - I won't be at Reading, so if this blows up in your face, you can't do anything about it.
2001 Outback Sport