View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:24 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: How To Do the Bosch Relay Mod???

Costs to do the mod (from my Advance Auto Parts run):

12 ft. 12AWG wire: $5.19
Bosch (not exactly Bosch, but it is the right one) Relay (Part #84601): $7:29
Box of ring crimp on connectors(14 pc.): $2.99
Box of spade crimp on connectors (16 pc.): $2.99

Total cost: $18.46 (before sales tax)

You'll also need a wire cutter and/or crimper. Something to cut the wires and something to crimp the connectors. My tool happened to be both.

I cut one of the pieces of wire about 10 inches long (from the relay to the starter).

The next piece of wire from the relay to the battery was about 2ft long.

The last piece of wire from the relay to a ground (I chose a mounting point on the front of the engine) was about 2.5-3ft long.

I mounted the relay on one of the bolts that holds up the cruise control vacuum piece. It's a nice location (as per the svx-iw instructions).

The toughest part was trying to find where to install the connector from the relay to the starter. I didn't pay attention so I lost the location of the spade connector for a while. Basically, I felt around until I felt something like a spade connector and plugged in on that. From what I could tell, it was on the side of the + connector from the battery closest to the strut. It's kind of on the side/bottom of the connector.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi