Thread: Happy Holiday,
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2001, 03:24 PM
Is it Summer yet?

July 4th Experience

For some odd reason I got a day off work today so I have time to check on the ramblings.

Every July 4th I look back and smile at the experience of 4 Brits on July 4th, 1976. Living in Canada at the time we figured we would like to share in the celebrations of your 200th anniversary. So we chose Bay City, MI as the lucky destination.
We camped.
After an afternoon (July 3rd) of partying at the local tavern we were ready for the real celebration and returned to the campsite in eager anticipation of the arrival of July 4th.
As midnight drew closer, our campfire got higher and brighter, and our music got louder. By this time we were all a few Labbatts beyond realizing or caring that the rest of the campsite was trying to sleep.
Therefore, as July 3rd ticked into July 4th, and our firecrackers went off and champagne corks popped, it should have been no surprise that the rest of the campers were not amused. Then the Sheriff arrived.
We were not so politely told to shut up or go back where we came from. If not we would meet the same fate as those redcoats a couple of hundred years before.
Funny now, but not so funny then.

Hope you all had a great day.
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K