View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Cool. I know I'm getting better, but yeah, I'd agree that a racing school would help me a bunch. I've been working off and on at events and test-n-tunes with an instructor in my club and I tend to focus in on one or two areas at a time - e.g. getting closer to the cones on both sides of the car, staying focused on the racing line by looking further down the course, etc.

I wasn't trying to say your opinion wasn't valid, but neither you nor Bill autoX a WRX/STI. The Impreza platform, while similar to other Subarus in many ways (SVX or XT) is still very different. I'm doing mods and working on my driving to go fast in my WRX. I'm therefore following the advice of WRX/STI drivers who compete and do well at Pro Solo events as well as the SCCA Solo National Tour.

This is my first full season in autoX and I'll have 7 events under my belt after this weekend. I'm not complacent in my driving as I know I have much more to learn and I'm striving to compete in as many events as possible this year.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)