View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 06:50 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by kingbobdole
Hey,
Why is the 1979 volvo 242gt such a great car? My buddy had one, got it for like $150 and drove it home. He let me drive it the first day and it overheat and lost power all at the same time, it broke a belt. Same paint as the one in the pic.... silver with the stripes, nifty lookin seats, and some wierd switch in the middle of the sifter that didn't do anything. Anyway after he fried like 6 junkyard alts he sold it for $300 and that guy drove it around for a while. We recently saw it in a yard that I frequent, and I was really sad. The car was a blast to drive and the guy told me he was just tired of its quirks........ I was almost pissed. Anyhoo, I like to ramble so I don't even have an SVX, but a XT-6 and the legendary japaneese sports car, the Datsun 280 Z.
It had great potential, mine had the stock suspension which has shorter struts and beefier springs and sway bars. IPD makes lowering springs that made it handle like a dream. The engine crapped out at 400,000 miles. The switch is for overdrive, it only works in 4th gear.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel