View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 09:57 AM

installed A-pillar double gauge pod (a couple pictures inside)

Well, I got a wild hair to install some gauges that I've had laying around for a while last weekened and I just thought I'd show you folks. The gauges are a Stewart-Warner Tranny temp gauge, and an AEM UEGO wideband air/fuel ratio gauge. It should be obvious why I installed a tranny temp gauge, and the WBo2, well it's just been sitting around, and I've wanted to get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and see if I can turn up the fuel a bit and possibly make more power. I'd also like to turbocharge the car (sooner or later) and I figured that getting a handle on A/F readings before and after would be a good thing.

Anyway, here's a couple pictures.

First, just a mock-up. Nothing attached, just set them there to see if it would look out of place. Also, please excuse my sub-par quality cellphone pictures.

Finally all hooked up.

And a close up.

One more I took the other night. Kinde blurry but you get the idea.

The wideband was a bear to put in, lol. Drilled a new hole in the exhaust, welded in the bung, ran all the wires, drilled the a-pillar out, blah blah blah. It was a lot of work for both, actually, and I wanted to keep the install as clean as I could. So, with what I had to use, I'd say this turned out fine. Next I just need to find some black screws though, cause the silver ones I used just kinda stand out. I want it to look like it just belongs there.

Also, the wideband is confirming that this motor is taking in more air than it knows what to do with. lol Cruising around AFR is usually between 14.5-15.0 which is fine, but go to WOT, and it rarely goes under 13.5. I know it's just an N/A car, but that just seems a bit too lean on 10:1 compression. Anyway, so one of the next projects is the ECUtune 2v7, and an FPR and then we'll see how it looks. I just want adjustability for when I get around to going to forced induction.

So, that's what I have so far!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 04-25-2009 at 10:04 AM.