View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: F.Y.I. - Insurance - Modern Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Sounds like a great alternative for those that still need to drive their SVXes many miles a year. Wonder how many insurance companies offer something like this?

Where do you find a "recognized appraiser" and what do they base their values on? Aren't they basically the ones that determine the values for the books? Real world SVX sales generally aren't higher than book value either, how would you get the appraiser to value your car for more?
I would imagine the hardest part is finding an Approved Appraiser.
I just spoke with my StateFarmer, and he said, yes...
Limited to 1000 miles per year. Must be show quality. The value is determined by "Stated Value" tho, and requires an appraiser. Plus, the Insurer has to agree with the Stated Value.
Of course, if you understate, then you can come out in the raw if it takes more to fix later.
"The cost is significantly lower than normal coverage, because the car is understood to not be in use near as much as normal".
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles